Monday, April 13, 2009

Dreams, for my Love

The promises we make as we walk down the fragrant, windswept path of love, the promises to be together forever; the promise to be truthful in love. These are the promises which keep us going, even when the odds seem to be mounting against our eternal union.

The priceless worth of our dreams, inane and yet so magnificent that I breathe on them every living moment of my life. How I treasure the dreams of being together in the distant future, when time will matter no more and space will be so plentiful that we will bask in it.

“These dreams, will they be futile if they never come true?” asked my innocent face, with a tinge of pain in her velvet voice. A moment of silence as I ponder over my response, my mind relives my past and imagines my future and yet all I see is her, the visions of love that only come alive when I dream of a life with her. “No my love, these dreams are not futile, can never be for these dreams fill us with hope and the desire to live another day. They may never come true, but at the end of this lifetime; I will be a happier man for I had the fortune to dream of you, with you”

I dream of you even as I sit here watching the quaint moon spread its sliver across the otherwise darkened sky, just like your love drenches my life in its surreal glow. I dream of the moment when you rested your head on my shoulder, the look of contentment in your eyes, the divine smile which spoke of your realization and at that one moment I felt complete; I felt like a man who desires no more. I dream of holding your hand, when all that touches my skin is the warm, summer night breeze. I dream of kissing you every morning as I wake up, and imagine you sleeping in bliss right next to me – these are my dreams my love; my priceless dreams.

Far away in the land unseen by the prying eyes, I created a little home for us. A little place where I take you with me every time I close my eyes and let my dreams take over. The little, pristine cottage surrounded by flowers and swaying trees where no one but just we go. As the days of my life move on with the never ending dance of the sun, our little cottage in my dreams is the only place where time stands still; where you are forever beautiful and I am forever your man. It is here in the cottage of my dreams that our love defies destiny and finds its fulfilment.

Such is the power of my dreams my love and so I am glad I have them. For as long as I live; I shall dream on for in my dreams you are forever mine; truly and completely.

 

2 Comments:

Blogger Winnie the poohi said...

Oh how true! how true! Its those dreams that keep you together.. not the reality of it!

Loved this post! Keep writing :-)

April 13, 2009 at 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My tears well up and spill with dreams we weave...we see...we breathe...
I cup my palms to hold each falling dream...delicate as baby's breath. I put them in a glass bowl on the coffee table near the porch of the cottage...for us to touch again...when we sip that promised cup of tea my love...

April 15, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home