Monday, January 26, 2009

To be in Love..

The silken rays of the moon play over her svelte skin, creating a beautiful visage. Her hair sways tantalizingly as the last strands of her mane brush past the cold skin of my face. Oh, what immense beauty, what undeniable temptation! I sat watching her dance on the water, so subtle that not even a ripple arose and yet so complete were her movements that my entire being shook with her.

I believed in love always but never before have had I believed in the hypnotic powers of love, never had I thought that love will make me feel so independent and so complete within. With her I become myself, I say the most inane things and yet she tells me how musical I sound to her. Where was the poet within all these years, where were the profound thoughts, for everything with her speaks of realization, attainment. This is how perfect my love makes me feel.

And her, yes her, she defines happiness. Her smile speaks of a million odes to me, all with the most endearing end. I derive my destiny in making her happy, like a parent pampering his child of immense labour; so do I pamper my innocent face. Every time I see her, I feel the force of a thousand dreams urge me on; asking me to do all that I can possibly do to make her mine for ever. Not even in my worst nightmares will I ever desert her, not even for my dirty alter ego, not for you Mask.

“Dance on, my lovely innocent face” I said and she ushered me to come towards her, to hold her soft hand. Like a man possessed I held her hands and felt the magical waves of intoxication sweep through my veins as we danced. I remember the look in her eyes; they spoke to me of a far away world where she wanted me to take her; where I would be forever hers without the intrusion of my masks. In unspoken words I promised her that we would find the far away world, before it becomes too late for us, before the time runs out. My mind wandered to the imposing challenges that lie in front of me, if I am to fulfil my promise and as if on a clue, she touched my face, her fingers caressing my creased forehead, my dry lips. How magical was the moment when our eyes closed, as if to forever lock the unspoken promise deep within us and then our lips closed in, the gentle fragrance of her warm breath, the flickering touch of her lips against mine and then the moment when I submerged within her.

As I lie panting on my bed on this moonlit night my mind recollects in precise details the first kiss, the first embrace, the first surrender to the mutual desire and the igniting of the passions inside me. My heart tells me aloud, this perhaps, is just the beginning of my liberation, the initiation of my new life; where the masks are consigned to the never to be opened shelves of memory.

How wonderful it is, to be in love!

5 Comments:

Blogger Winnie the poohi said...

Ah indeed! nothing better than love :) to warm u up in winters :)

January 26, 2009 at 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love love love...salvation... actualization... realization of the immense human potential to participate in the ever rhythmic cosmic dance. Ride the crescendo and crash with me...my love...my man...my fulfillment.

January 26, 2009 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Winnie the poohi said...

long time no blog.. i miss your posts :)

February 9, 2009 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger tunia said...

wow! She's a lucky girl.. and I've told you before.. but here it comes again. You write beautifully!

February 17, 2009 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger Winnie the poohi said...

http://mylifeinrhymingwords.blogspot.com/2007/12/master-of-disguise.html

hey this poem of mine reminded me of the mask :)

February 20, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home