Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Circle of Love

When I look at the innocent face, the hither to unrecognizable soul within me cringes for affection. The face talks to me like nothing else has done thus far, not even you. For years I have felt the need to serve your macabre desires and work like a lifeless Mask. But yet, I never felt content and then came along the innocent face with all its naiveties and charming beauty and I felt as if I have a purpose I wish to build my own life upon.

You tell me that I am born to a lie, but how long a punishment for being born to an illicit union? Have I not washed my sins with blood and have I not earned the right to feel loved? I wish to love and feel the glorious halo around me; I wish to love even if the life of my love is short lived. I wish to love for my own sake and not for the innocent face; for her destiny is already written and cast in stone. If she is destined to find pain through the unattainable love of a Mask then so must be done for the sake of natural justice.

Is this your insecurity that you are hiding under the Mask of humane concern for the innocent face? Since when did you start concerning yourself with the pain of others? I have silently observed you play the game of love for so long, for a lifetime now and I have learnt the dance from you. It’s my turn to take to the floor now and in the deft movements of words and deeds; I wish to create an opera of romance for myself.

Oh, the look in her eyes, the longing in her words; I see so apparently that she desires me and not you. You hold no interest for her with your unmistakably human failings. It is me she is looking for, with the intensely adventurous streak and the pull of the unknown. I denounce the definition of love as you pronounce it; love is nothing else but a series of moments when two individuals wish to stay together, pulled together by the common thread of lust, desire and the need to be oblivious of all else besides them. I wish not to join her in her own world, I wish not to even possess her; my wish is to create a new world even if it is a world of make believe where the innocent face blissfully feels loved by a Mask who has himself lived unloved for a timeless period.

I must ask you to resist being cruel for once. I ask you to let me take over the living moments of your life for such time my make believe world would last and sleep unmoved. If the Mask can not love forever then so be it, but the Mask can love. For every innocence that is lost to a Mask; a new one is born and such is the game of life which has continued unhindered forever. So do not fear for the world, nor for the innocence; for when I am done with love you shall still have plenty of life to live of your own – with or without the Mask.  

The Mask

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering...does love ever come full circle? Eh Mask?
S

January 2, 2009 at 5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home