Monday, March 8, 2010

The Sands of Time

The sands run down my closed fist and make no sound, just a deafening roar inside my being. I close my fist harder; trying to hold on to what I wished was mine but always knew that it never was. For years and centuries I have longed to possess, be possessed without ever letting my freedom get away from me, not realizing that contradictions never last.

Yet I have lived in contradictions, shifting my anchor from one base to another; from one face to another. The innocent face has watched me with awe and shock as I have let my life seize control of my time. My dreams no more lure her, my charms no more exude the power of timelessness that I so undeniably possessed. I have for so long feared the advance of age, the withering away of my youthful exuberance that I now feel almost powerless as I see it encroach upon me with the gruesome certainty of death itself.

Oh yes, I feel so dark today!

The hounds must be lurking in the dark; licking their blood stained lips. The imposing persona of the all conquering man is about to crumble. The cracks in the skin are widening, the time for the redemption of all unanswered curses on his being is upon us all. The Man will finally become mortal again, after centuries of conquest and parallel existences in his dreamy wonderland; he will no longer have another dream to live for; another tomorrow to call upon.

The sands of time, trickling away..the ground beneath the Man’s feet..sinking.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely loved this one !!!

August 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home